Sunday, February 22, 2009

A way to save

I don't know how many of you are out there who are poor students like Dave and me but we now consider ourselves to be the lowest of the low. Now i know there are a few of you who wash your cars in that do-it-yourself wash and depending on how fast you wash your car is how much you get charged. Well living in Rexburg where the snow is melted by dirt and rocks thrown on the ground, our small accord looks like its been off-roading to Montana and back millions of times and never washed.

We finally decided to go and try the do-it-yourself wash, well to our surprise when we got in the slot the water was going!! So we hurried and jumped out to try and rinse our car off before the free water stopped (its cheaper that way!) After we got half the car it went off, well we waited and wall-ah it went back on! So we found that it's just a pressure thing and we could rinse our whole car for free if we just waited for a couple minuets but then soap started coming out! Yes, our dream was coming true we may not have to pay anything!! We got most of our car and thought we should really soap it up. So the guy next to us in the other slot left and had some soap on the brush still so we ran to our car and zoomed over to that slot and brushed it up. Now some of you are thinking, okay you are cheap!! And others are thinking... where is this car wash, i need to go?? But just to redeem ourselves, we did end up paying a little just to power rinse our car off. But the moral of the story... you can really get your car cleaned without paying your pay check in quarters.

7 comments:

sptalley said...

I have to ask...why cant you wash it at home (your parents house)? Does it have to do with the fact there is snow outside? Also, I just dont wash my car! Pathetic, I know. At least figure out a way to get it done!
~Heather

Jessica said...

I love it!! Isn't it great when there's left over money in those things!

Kirsten said...

I remember us doing this one day after school! It's hard you have to move so fast!!!! HA

Ashley Sullenger said...

haha oh gosh, that's like the exact opposite of us!! Last time we used one of those things, Pat put in a twenty thinking it would give him change....well it DOESN"T! Try washing your car with twenty dollars, it goes on forever!!! I think it was like over an hour on the time machine thing. So we finally left and told a lady who pulled up to go crazy!!!

Angelina said...

I can just imagine you two doing that. Haha! I'm amazed you had time to take pictures of the whole thing! My car is filthy...I'll have to give it a try. :)

Andrea said...

Chelsea I could tell you some great poor student stories. However, 22 years later we always say life was so easy back in school. enjoy!!

MeganKalynn said...

i wish they had one of those in cedar city!!!