Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kayden Meeting His Brother

A few hours after Jaxson came, I went home to get Kayden. He was being watched by our neighbor-friend Kelli Broadbent (Thanks again Kelli for watching him)! The last few days before Chelsea was induced, you could tell Kayden knew something different was about to happen to our family. We were anxious to find out how Kayden would react to a baby in his "space". When we arrived at the hospital, we was VERY excited to see his mom and to look at all of the cool buttons in the room. Most of the time, he just wanted to open and close a sliding glass door to the bathroom. This video was what we saw when Jaxson and Kayden met for the first time...




Let's just say we don't have to be careful that he doesn't like him, but that he doesn't lay on top of him to give him a hug or pet his head too much.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This just made my heart melt. It was so cute! Congrats on the new bundle of joy.

Kelli said...

Precious! I almost cried watching that video! (Dang hormones!!) Kayden is such a sweet little boy. I'm sure he'll be a great friend/older brother to little Jaxson. Congratulations, you guys!

Matt said...

Congratulations you three! I am so happy for you! Kayden is going to be such a great big brother (as long as he doesn't pick on his younger brother when he is older (hint hint...Dave!)) haha! I love you all!

Ashley said...

The video wouldn't work, but I'll try again later. I just wanted to say congrats!! He looks just like Chelsea!!! So fun, we're so happy for you.

Heather and Spencer said...

I love that he just wants to pet his new brother! So adorable!

Heather said...

It's funny that I didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary...must be because our kids are 2 days apart! Ethan and Sydney would do the exact same thing with the petting. That is how they interact with eachother all the time these days. Poking in the eye though, not so much. :-)

Spencer, Jen, Zoe, and Emrie said...

That is adorable! I love them! It reminds me so much of Zoe meeting Emrie for the first time since they are the same age-distance apart as your boys. I have also had the problem of Zoe loving Emrie a little too much. hahaha :) I can't wait to meet Jaxson someday!

Our Family said...

so cute....loved the video! they are both ah so cute! love you all!

Travis Kay said...

yeah for jaxson! can't wait to meet the little peanut. and kayden don't squish your brother. ;)

Travis Kay said...

haha...it's me, not trav

Kirsten said...

Such a great video. I can't wait to hold him!!!

Kelli Broadbent said...

Such a cute video! I was so glad we could watch Kayden - like I said, I would have a million kids if they were all like Kayden. So fun to see you the other day, too. Jackson is definitely a handsome fellow! Good job you two!:)

Kelli Broadbent said...

I totally spelled Jaxson wrong...sorry!