Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Round Two

Well Dave and I thought that everything was great, we got the mouse out, the hole plugged and we were going to fix the wall. (note: you need to read the post below, visitor, to get the full appreciation for this post) However, we left the little piece of wall off so the hole that we plugged would dry better. So yes, you guessed it, we had a second visitor come on in. I'm thinking he was looking for his buddy who never came back. I was in the "piano room" looking to register for classes when Dave walks in and says "um we have a mouse in our room" I of course say stop joking and proceeded to look for classes but no he was not joking. He walked into the room just in time to see the mouse run into our closet. I begin to freak out because 1. I have a loose mouse in my room and who knows how many of them 2. Dave and I just did laundry at Michelle and Aaron's house and we layed them out on the floor because they weren't all they way dry yet... so it was in our clothes! BUT Dave needed my help to catch this little guy or there would be a killing fest in our closet and blood would get on the carpet. I got on some "gear" as i called it just in case the mouse touched me, i took all precautions. We got these buckets that we had and I got in one while Dave held the other. To make a long story short... again... Dave scared him out of the closet into the bathroom then trapped him.

So we got him into the bucket and decided this time to take him far away so we left him in the bucket outside while we ran in and got the lid and shoes, by the time we came out... he was gone! So we immediately went to the wall and tapped it up REAL GOOD!!!


The next day i went out and bought a "pestacator" and that is a plug in and it vibrates your walls and makes really high pitch noise that human or dogs can't hear and they leave. So far its working great!! Thank your Pestacator.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

hilarious! i love all your gear. i would so do something like that incase it touched me! hahaha. love it!

Jessica said...

That's some sexy "gear" you have on Chels! LOL

Kirsten said...

So your looking pretty sexy!!!!! and you gotta call a pest guy!

Heather and Spencer said...

You had me laughing pretty hard through this post! Oh, my dad got those pest things for his yard (gophers), they worked for what seemed like a long time, but then the gophers got used to it and came back!

Jessica said...

my boots I gave you are part of the mouse gear??? I feel insulted! haha, I'm glad they come in handy!

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

You guys are too funny! you have plenty of room in that house of yours to share a bed with a few mice...where is your brotherly love?

Sarah Keller said...

You guys are so funny! Did you lay the boxes on the ground so he wouldn't contaminate things? Ha! Your gear is something else! We sure miss you guys and can't wait to see you for the holidays.
Sarah