Monday, November 10, 2008

Adventures...Adventures...Adventures

Today is my second week nannying for these kids in Rigby and let me tell you it feels like I'm on week 4! Really the kids aren't that bad just extremely hyper and need attention because they get none, let's face it who would with 2 sets of twins and 2 singles in a family all under the age of 11.
The 11 year olds pretty much take care of themselves except when it comes to teasing each other and their homework, which consists of questions on the periodic table!! I haven't learned that stuff for years now and i definitely wasn't good at it then either. So that is a little bit of a challenge trying to help them with their homework when really I'm the one who needs help on it.
Next is the single who is 9 and all he does is play video games and I'm thinking has a little bit of an anger problem... we're working on it as best as possible. Being a single in between two sets of twins is hard!
Then my favorites... the 7 year old twins. They are such a burst of fire, always wanting to play and do something new while being picked on by their older brothers. They are always giving me hugs and kisses and if one of them is doing something they sholdn't be doing the other says "STOP, you're making her upset and she's gonna leave" they then proceed to come and say sorry by giving better hugs then the other.
Finally is the 1 month year old girl- She loves to be held at all times of the day, but the older brothers love to hold her, so they save me there. She is queen of hicups and throwing up on my left shoulder roughly around 6:00.

Overall the job is great and gives me a lot more patients and makes me much more tired at night time then i ever have been before.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

wow. sounds like a crazy household! i'm sure it's great birth control for you! just appreciate being able to go home at night and sleep through the night- i'm sure the mom doesn't with a new baby!!!!

Julia Everts said...

1 word...BRAVE! man have you got alot on your hands! i don't think i could do that even if they were my own kids! Let alone someone else! How much are they paying you?

JonesFamilyBlog said...

Wow Chelsea. I'm glad you are surviving. No really, I bet you are great at this because you are so wonderful with my kids. Keep with it and I'm sure it will get better and better (not easier just more rewarding):)

Heather and Spencer said...

Like your friend already said...great birth control!

Ashley Sullenger said...

dude, you're like a mom... holy cow. How many hours are you there everyday? I respect you, cuz I don't know if I could do that. But I bet they love you so thats fun. two sets of twins, anger management problem, and a baby??? heck, bring on your own kids!

Tiffany said...

yes. bootcamp is awesome. eating right is a big part of it too, but bootcamp will whip your butt into shape and give you muscles you never thought you could have! haha. the key is burning the fat off the top of the muscles and eating right has a lot to do with that... it's an awesome workout. she also has pregnancy dvd's. you can borrow them when you get prego if you want. they're fantastic!

Jessica said...

ooh that's great practice...where's your mouse post??