Sunday, February 21, 2010

He's Still ALIVE...(Especially at Night)

Now that Kayden has been home with us for the past few weeks, we are beginning to see some change in him, which has been fun. He definitely feels a little heavier than he did in the hospital, but really, he has lost a little weight. After returning to Primary's last week for his post-op check-up, everything looked great, except that he wasn't gaining any weight. We are consistantly trying new things to rid him of his stomach aches and hope that he puts on some weight.


The two pictures below represent Kayden during the day, and during the night. Unfortunately, it seems that they should be switched...



(Day picture is on the right.... What he is like at night is on the right... not the whole night.. but it seems that way at times..)


That basically sums it up. We have loved having him with us. At times it seems like it would be awesome if he could just be a bit older and sleep throughout the night, but we are enjoying each part of his life as he truly is a miracle to us.


(Booties are cutting it close... better than some of the clothes that are made for boys..)

16 comments:

Heather and Spencer said...

Welcome to parenthood!!! Mine is still up at night looking like that! Glad he is doing well and you get to be home together as a family!

Ashley Sullenger said...

Chel, He's a good lookin baby! Seriously, so cute!!! Sorry about the night/no sleep thing. That's tough. Call me up when you need anything!! Seriously!

Candee said...

He is too stinkin cute!! Kayson was the same way with his days/nights... It's rough. I remember thinking some nights that I didn't think I could handle it anymore. I also remember thinking a lot that I couldn't wait until he got older. I'll be honest it does get easier when they get a little older and that will come quicker than you can ever imagine! So just enjoy that sweet little bundle of joy!!
(ps. maybe we need to get him and Kayson together and Kayson could give him some tips on how to gain weight...Kayson is a pro in that department!!)

Our Family said...

LOVE the posts! I'm sure the sleepless nights have caused the lack of posts! :) he is so adorable! can't wait to meet him! katie

Joy Bells said...

It was so great to see updated pictures. They grow and change so very fast. Kayden is so adorable. Catch a nap when the little man does Mommy-it was always a life saver to me. Love you and miss you! See you in a few weeks!

Elliot and Traci said...

I'm so glad you posted again! I was anxiously awaiting pictures of that handsome little boy. :) Glad you guys are doing well. Good luck with the weight gain!

Candee said...

Another thing... Kayson always had tummy problems when he was a newborn too and he would just cry and cry and puke everything up. So I did some browsing on the internet and ordered some stuff called COLIC CALM all the reviews were really good so I tried it out. It's all natural and has very soothing ingredients for baby's tummy. I've never seen it in stores but just google it and it will come up. It really helped a lot and my sister has been using it for her baby right now and she says it's helped him a ton.

Lindsay Rosas said...

he is adorable!!! I cannot wait to see him when you guys come back :)

JonesFamilyBlog said...

What a cutie! I know it doesn't seem like it, but suddenly your baby will be three months and you'll wonder where the time went-except you'll know that it was spent in a tired trance:) Anyway, keep up the great parenting. We love you guys!

Tiffany said...

what a good looking little guy! can't wait to meet him!

Tiffany said...

and p.s. it will seem like the sleepless nights will never end. but they do. i promise!

overtonmom said...

Welcome to parenthood, sleepless night, crying babies, crazy house and lots of love (that's the best part) It gets better, than worse, then better. Enjoy the ride. Love you both.

Aunt Carrie

Megan said...

So glad he is home with you guys. Miracles happen.

MeganKalynn said...

I so glad he's doing well. And he's so adorable!!! Congrats =)

Ashley Sullenger said...

Dear Kayden,

I am your aunt Ashley and we have never met... I think it's about time. Ask your mother if I can stop by sometime.. I love you mucho.

-Ashley
P.S. I hope you are sleeping better for her.

Alisha said...

He is adorable Chelsea! I'm so glad he's home and doing good. Good luck with the stomach problems. I ended up getting off of milk while I nursed Sophie, and it helped her stomach problems a TON. But every baby is different, good luck!