After some intense pain from the constant (and I mean constant) contractions, I told Chelsea that I thought it was time for the epidural. The nurse walked in soon after and she paged the anesthesiologist quickly. She was shaking from the pain so the nurse gave her a drug to relax her nerves... a miracle drug.. whatever it was. The doctor did a great job with the epidural. Chelsea claims that she didn't even feel it. Another miracle, because she put off getting it for so long because of her fear of needles. She was able to rest quite well after that!
About a 30 minutes ago, the nurses came in and were shocked to see how many contractions Chelsea was still having. They said that the citotec should have worn off about an hour and a half ago. The last time she received the cytotec pill was at about 12 a.m. this morning. They had to give her another medication to try and space out the contractions since they were so close together and strong. They were worried that Kayden's heart rate was dropping too much from it. We have felt the hand of the Lord so many times in the past 12 hours. She is currently dilated to a 4.





5 comments:
good she is able to relax... i've heard being induced can make for some killer, close together contractions! let us know what's up!
and yes. i'm up at 6 AM AGAIN. p90x baby!
sing her a song dave! I remember her saying that's what calmed her down at her d&c. :)
way to go guys! she looks so relaxed and comfortable! love you! keep us posted!
Ok I know I already left a comment on the other post but I just wanted to mention that I bet you wife loved that you took this pic! :) I was induced and yes the contractions come on really constant and very hard so I'm glad she is resting now!! Good luck you two!!
Post a Comment