Wednesday, January 20, 2010

WE ARE HERE!


Chelsea and I got into the hospital a little after 6, and she is hooked up to her IV (she made it through the part she thinks she will hate the most). When the nurse walked in the room, who would give her the IV, Chelsea's heart rate began to increase at a rapid pace. The nurse said she had worked on the Life-Flight team for about a year, giving her a LOT of experience with IV's. Well, let's just say that she stuck her, and it didn't work. She tried moving the needle around to find a good place, but still didn't work. She told Chelsea that she would have to try the other hand. She finally got it, and she was happy again (after a few tears... okay, a lot!) Her mom came down from Idaho to be with her, and that has been a great emotional support. She was given her first dose of cytotec at about 7:30, and will be checked every 4 hours to see if she has progressed at all. She can be given another dose at that if she needs it. When she is "ripened" she will then be given pitocin. Cytotec, however, may put her into labor, so we will see! Feel free to ask questions in the comment area, and I will try and find out the answer and respond! Thanks for the continued support!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

I'm so glad I checked your blog before heading to bed! I checked email and there was no news. You guys look so cute in that hospital- so happy and excited! keep the blog updated through the night so i can check it in the morning! can't wait to hear that he is here and everyone is okay! love ya! Katie

The Calderwood's said...

Wow Dave you are awesome for keeping everyone updated!! Tell your wife goodluck for me, she in gonne do awesome!! And I read in the previous post that she got her epidural so she will for sure be set! They are quite magical :) Can't wait to hear that your little guy has arrived!!