Thursday, January 21, 2010

Update!

I don't expect people to read these live posts, because you are probably all sleeping where you should be.. However, I said I would update every 2 hours so I will do so while I can.

Chelsea has received her second dose of citotec, which has caused her to have contractions like no other. She is in a lot of pain, but handling it very well. Kayden's seemed to be a little too calm, so they tickled his head, hoping that it would stimulate some more movement. They also have Chelsea on Oxygen now, just to be sure they are getting enough. I am now gaining a lot more respect for all the women who have given or will give birth.

One of the nurses mentioned that this should be the last dose of citotec, and that she should be on pitocin. That would mean that at about 4 the war will really begin. She is still dialated to about a 1.5 and is 70% effaced.

2 comments:

Our Family said...

i haven"t been able to sleep for about an hour now just thinking of you guys! can't wait to hear the big news! love you both! Katie

Our Family said...

no worries- it's 5:15 not 4:15 like the last time said when I made that comment. I'm not that crazy! I love all this exciting news with babies (if you couldn't tell!) chelsea, i feel for you. labor KILLS but it is so worth it right? :)