While Kayden was in and out yesterday, Chelsea decided to ask the nurse if they had children books in the PICU. The nurse then showed Chels where they were at... she returned with a stack of about 5 or 6 books, and began reading to him by his bedside. She got some girly-books (or they sure seemed to be to me) except for one... GRADERS! (Big tractors you see while a road is under construction). I approved her to read that book first to him. That was probably the first of 5 books that were read to him that day (yesterday the 29th of January).What can I learn from this? I tried telling her that we would most likely spend our time playing outside with him...you know, football, soccer, basketball, wakeboarding in the summer (OF COURSE), or snowboarding. She quickly declined, telling me that we would be reading a LOT to him. Well, mom wins... I guess (except for the wakeboarding in the summer). Mom and dad are already having their different styles of parenting. I guess we better agree on most things before he gets too old.... and has his dad wrapped around his finger.





6 comments:
Don't worry guys-there is time for both. We read a lot and play a lot and I bet Kayden will love both (because he has such awesome parents to do those things with him).
I totally approve of the reading - I used to read to Owen when he was in my tummy and tons when he was a new infant. To this day he still LOVES to sit for quiet time and have me read him stories. And you know how active and crazy he is. Chels, maybe you should find a library nearby so you can get Boy Books while you are passing time at the PICU :)
Books are the BEST!!! You can totally take them on the boat too!
What?! No surfing? Seriously, which family did you marry into again?!
chelsea..way to go! reading will help him so much in school! and play is so good too dave! but reading will have to do for now at least! :) Love you guys!
katie
there's nothing better than a smart athlete!
Post a Comment