Wednesday, January 27, 2010

MRI to Surgery Tomorrow!


Kayden is in for his MRI as I type! His intubation procedure could not have gone better (placing a breathing tube in the body). The doctors gave him two medications: one to sedate him, and another to essentially paralyze him, so that he would remain still for the procedure. I was able to stay in the room for the procedure (Chelsea didn't care to), and he did amazingly well. I know he is being blessed with peace these past few days with all that has been going on. When about 8 doctors/nurses came into the room, he just looked all around him, and didn't seem to mind any of it at all.

Surgery is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon (yeah, I know.. We are starting to not believe surgery schedules since it has been changed so many times). A cardiologist informed us that it will most likely be performed by Dr. Birch instead of Dr. Kaza, but that we will most likely be able to speak with Dr. Kaza tonight to have some kind of idea as to which way they will proceed for the surgery. We know without a doubt that this whole process this past week, although tedious and tiresome, is being guided by the Lord's hand. We are grateful for the gospel and the priesthood power that was restored to the earth. It can bring such peace.

We will continue to keep you posted... (I have been somewhat brief in my posts, as there is so much information given to us, that you all would most likely be intimidated to read it all. Feel free to ask more questions, and we will respond with answers to the best of our ability)!
This is Chelsea and I bringing Kayden to the MRI room (He LOVES to hold her finger. She pulls away, and he grips tighter... that has been the hardest for his dad to see. She has been a trooper, having a difficult time being away from her son. I am so grateful that she decided to marry me! I love you Chels.

7 comments:

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

He is sooooooo sweet looking! ( I mean baby, you are too Dave :)) You guys are so strong! Hang in there!

Cynthia and Dean Roos said...

He is one cute baby! Love you three, and I love your blog!

Tiffany said...

aw. sad to see all those tubes, wires, etc all over him. he is seriously soooo cute!

Kirsten said...

seriously can this baby is sooo DANG CUTE!! I love you Kayden! Stay Strong!

Wade said...

We shall keep you in our prayers. Gracie loves to pray for other children. Father can't help but be touched by their prayers.

overtonmom said...

He is just soooo cute. I know that all this waiting can wear on your nerves. Believe me I know the feeling. Stay strong, you have one very special baby. We love you.

Carrie

Our Family said...

that looks all too familiar! the tubes are so hard to see on your own little child! we love you and hope all goes well today in surgery! he looks so precious and peaceful! love you all!
Katie